Updates and Next Steps
Strategic Planning of the Liberia Annual Conference, The United Methodist Church, at the 185th Annual Session held with the southeastern Districts/Circuit
March 16, 2018
Whereas, having taken over the helm of affairs of the UMC, Bishop Quire committed himself to work along with the leadership of the Liberia Annual Conference to mobilize local resources and ensure a high degree of self-reliance of the Liberia Annual Conference in the conduct of its ministries to the people of Liberia and the world at large.
Whereas, to achieve this dream, Bishop Quire proposed the need for a full assessment of the Liberia Annual Conference from a holistic perspective to prioritize our ministries and strategically engage them for the continued growth and development of the Church. Against this back ground, he proposed the setting up of a “Strategic Plan Committee” (SPC) of the Liberia Annual Conference of the UMC. Prior to the hosting of his first Annual Conference in Ganta, Nimba County, he named a team to lead the process, with the Conference Lay Leader appointed as Chair of the team. The team was immediately put to work.
Whereas, as United Methodists, we are cognizant of the truth of Scripture that it is critical not only to believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, but to live out our faith through personal obedience to Christ, and service to the church and society. To bear faithful Christian witness to Jesus Christ, we believe we must reflect critically on our biblical and theological inheritance, striving to express faithfully the witness we make in our own time.
Whereas, March 15, 2018 a comprehensive report in the form of PowerPoint presentation was presented here at the 185th Session of the LAC/UMC.
Now wherefore and in view of the forgoing the Strategic Planning Team recommends the following for the consideration of the LAC/UMC to wit:
- That the 10 year plan be endorsed and implementation of the first quadrennium implementation begins.
- That the Strategic planning team work with each district, circuit, clergy members and lay members and program areas to disseminate and carry on workshops and awareness on the implementation of the plan.
- That we work with program areas to complete their action and operational plans for those who have not completed this exercise as we acknowledge those who have done so.
- That the LAC/UMC through the CCF&A apportion budget to support count 1&2 and make allocation for the printing of 1000 copies of the final plan.
- That each district, circuit and program area tailor their plans for the first year 2018 in line with the priority areas of the Strategic Plan.
- That Liberia Annual Conference set a monitoring and evaluation framework to monitor the implementation of the Plan from the annual conference, district and local levels.
The Strategic Planning Committee
A downloadable copy is here.
Back to the main 2018 Annual Conference page.