LIBERIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
JOB DESCRIPTION: CONFERENCE TREASURER
BASIC FUNCTION: Serves as the Treasurer of the denominational headquarters of The United Methodist Church in Liberia overseeing all financial matters.
REPORTS TO: Conference Council on Finance and Administration (CCF&A), the Liberia Annual Conference and the Resident Bishop, LAC/UMC
WORKS WITH: Annual Conference Staff, Cabinet, Trustees, Liberia, and other Conference officials & committees.
SUPERVISES: Finance Staff at Conference Office
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and use of E-mail
- Sound accounting skills with strong attention to accuracy and completeness
- Financial Analysis Skills, Report Writing Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years experience in comparable position
Desired Personal Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong communication abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to supervise staff
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Evident Christian faith and commitment to UMC principles
- Ensure that disbursements are carried out in line with and according to the approved budget plan for the year
- Facilitate the safeguarding of the church’s finances in consultation with the CCF&A.
- Receive and disburse, according to annual conference action and the policy of CCF&A, conference funding.
- Administration of payroll and payroll related functions.
- Assist with property and insurance issues where necessary
- Ensure that bank balances and payments are reconciled to bank statement on a monthly basis.
- Work with Connectional Ministries and other conference staff as required
- Prepare annual financial report and ensure professional audit of all conference accounting records.
- Issue monthly financial reports to the CCFA and Bishop’s office.
- Prepare the CCF&A report to Annual Conference.
- Other duties as may be assigned by CCF&A.
All qualified and interested applicants can submit their CVs with three references, one of which should be your current pastor along with a cover letter. Applications can be submitted to the email address below with position title on the subject line. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: January 30, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted and females are strongly encouraged to apply.